• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevedh
    Automated Home Guru
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by JamboV6 View Post
    No pdf just the email
    Strange. My email shows 12 attachments, the 11 images used in the email and 1 pdf.

The pdf has all the images except 003.jpg

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

People who signed up early didn't get the PDF.

P.

Comment

• guyank
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by guyank View Post
        I'm seeing some strange behaviour for Optimisation. When we're off work, using a combination of Google Calendar, IFTTT and SmartThings I have Evohome setup to start the Day Off quick action at 0200. For some reason, Optimisation doesn't seem to work for this now. It either doesn't start or starts and then almost immediately stops with the set point altered to 5C. The first graph shows this working correctly in Jan:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1537[/ATTACH]

The second shows optimisation working correctly on Tuesday when I went to work so didn't use Day Off like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1538[/ATTACH]

And the next 2 show this behaviour over the last 2 days. You can also see there are a couple of the 35C setpoints occurring:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1539[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]1540[/ATTACH]
        Andy,

I’m actually seeing this behaviour all the time on this zone. Whenever it should start heating for optimisation, the setpoint changes to 5C until the actual setpoint change. Are you aware of this bug?

Guyan

Comment

• AlexP
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Feb 2016

This like very similar behaviour to the post I made a few days ago....

Comment

• Andy the Minion
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Nov 2017

Originally posted by AlexP View Post
            I’ve taken a slightly different approach to using the cold weather boost. In most rooms I’ve actually reduced the scheduled Setpoint by 0.5 or 1 deg. This is based on the theory that the schedule was already based on a worst case scenario for comfort, therefore needing less manual adjustment. In 2 rooms where I had set a measurement offset I have removed this, which in effect does the same thing.

So far it has been quite successful. In colder weather the boost function brings the Setpoint back to where it was previously programmed but in warmer weather the Setpoint is lower. Kind of reverse of the intended logic.

The only other tweak was to reduce my overnight ‘off’ Setpoint to 15.5 from 16 in the bedrooms to stop the boost from activating overnight.

Outside temperature lag is definitely an issue though.
            @AlexP The ways people use features often differs from the original idea, but in this case your use is exactly how we intended it
            Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

Andy,

Through this thread in response to some of the issues found such as the manual zone override postponing hot water reheat you've stated "yes we're aware of this, it will be fixed in the public release" etc, can I ask in relation to this;

1) Is the public release finalised yet or is it still evolving and being tested internally in response to feedback and testing ?
              2) Will there be another beta or perhaps a release candidate made available to all the testers here before the final release goes out to everyone ?

The reason I ask about number 2 is that last time we participated in a public beta a year or two ago some issues were found, reported, assurances were made that the problems reported were fixed and the final release then went out to all devices and still had some of the bugs that had been reported, and no "release candidate" of what was going to be pushed to everyone was provided for any public testing prior to it being sent out to all devices.

In this current round of testing there are many very significant and visible bugs in the current beta, (far more than the last public beta) and as someone who does quite a bit of debugging and testing on a couple of open source projects the thought of going straight from a beta with many known problem with the assurance that they will be fixed to a full public release with no further testing in between by the public testers who originally reported the problems makes me extremely nervous from a quality control perspective.

Given the various issues raised I would ideally hope to see a further beta version during this beta testing period which addresses some of the issues raised, (and the version number published so people know when they have received the newer beta version) and/or at the very least a release candidate of the proposed public release a few weeks ahead of the general rollout so that fixes to the various issues can be confirmed under the same test conditions that they were originally found and any last minute or missed bugs can be found and reported before going public.

So can you elaborate on how far along the internal builds are relative to our current beta version, roughly how much longer the public beta testing program is going to run for (given we're coming into warm weather soon so won't be able to do much testing when heating isn't needed) and whether testers will receive further beta versions and/or a release candidate during the public beta program significantly before any update goes live to the general public ?

As owners of Evohome systems we all have a vested interest in seeing the next general public release of the firmware being as solid and bug free as possible.
              Last edited by DBMandrake; 17 April 2020, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• SteveP
                Automated Home Guru
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Andy the Minion View Post
                @AlexP The ways people use features often differs from the original idea, but in this case your use is exactly how we intended it
                Interesting have taken the advice and reduced all my rooms by 1C and enabled cold weather boost with a +1C - sort of now makes sense as I was trying to deal with a few days a year rather than the majority. here will still be a few days when I need to add a bit extra to the temp during winter but those are minor and could easily be solved with a (dare I say it) variable ECO/Boost mode

Comment

• SteveP
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Dec 2012

Am I missing something re CWB as have set for all zones and all zones have temp requirement of 18C and yet only have two zones that have temp set for 19C and 20C have invoked CWB. So after adjusting down all my zones by 1C this morning, the lounge could do with the extra 1C but hasn’t asked for it? Just re-read the original email guide but cant see any exceptions other than zones set to 16C and below which none of mine are. Slightly confused ??

Comment

• DBMandrake
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                    Am I missing something re CWB as have set for all zones and all zones have temp requirement of 18C and yet only have two zones that have temp set for 19C and 20C have invoked CWB. So after adjusting down all my zones by 1C this morning, the lounge could do with the extra 1C but hasn’t asked for it? Just re-read the original email guide but cant see any exceptions other than zones set to 16C and below which none of mine are. Slightly confused ??
                    Cold weather boost only applies when the outside temperature is 10C or more lower than the set point. So in my zones that are set to 21C CWB kicks in when the outside temperature drops to 11C or lower, but rooms at different set points will have a different threshold.

There also seems to be a considerable delay after the conditions change before it actually takes effect, a few times I've though it's not working as the criteria have been met but when I've looked again 10-20 minutes later it has taken effect. So it's not recalculated every minute.

Comment

• SteveP
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                      Cold weather boost only applies when the outside temperature is 10C or more lower than the set point. So in my zones that are set to 21C CWB kicks in when the outside temperature drops to 11C or lower, but rooms at different set points will have a different threshold.

There also seems to be a considerable delay after the conditions change before it actually takes effect, a few times I've though it's not working as the criteria have been met but when I've looked again 10-20 minutes later it has taken effect. So it's not recalculated every minute.
                      Thanks - Ah yes the instruction mentioned it must be >10C difference as the outside temp was 8C and rooms setpoint were 18C and hadn't kicked in - I read it as o/s temp < 10C !!. Can get quite confusing all these if x then if y else conditions !!

Comment

• Andy the Minion
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                        Andy,

Through this thread in response to some of the issues found such as the manual zone override postponing hot water reheat you've stated "yes we're aware of this, it will be fixed in the public release" etc, can I ask in relation to this;

1) Is the public release finalised yet or is it still evolving and being tested internally in response to feedback and testing ?
                        2) Will there be another beta or perhaps a release candidate made available to all the testers here before the final release goes out to everyone ?

The reason I ask about number 2 is that last time we participated in a public beta a year or two ago some issues were found, reported, assurances were made that the problems reported were fixed and the final release then went out to all devices and still had some of the bugs that had been reported, and no "release candidate" of what was going to be pushed to everyone was provided for any public testing prior to it being sent out to all devices.

In this current round of testing there are many very significant and visible bugs in the current beta, (far more than the last public beta) and as someone who does quite a bit of debugging and testing on a couple of open source projects the thought of going straight from a beta with many known problem with the assurance that they will be fixed to a full public release with no further testing in between by the public testers who originally reported the problems makes me extremely nervous from a quality control perspective.

Given the various issues raised I would ideally hope to see a further beta version during this beta testing period which addresses some of the issues raised, (and the version number published so people know when they have received the newer beta version) and/or at the very least a release candidate of the proposed public release a few weeks ahead of the general rollout so that fixes to the various issues can be confirmed under the same test conditions that they were originally found and any last minute or missed bugs can be found and reported before going public.

So can you elaborate on how far along the internal builds are relative to our current beta version, roughly how much longer the public beta testing program is going to run for (given we're coming into warm weather soon so won't be able to do much testing when heating isn't needed) and whether testers will receive further beta versions and/or a release candidate during the public beta program significantly before any update goes live to the general public ?

As owners of Evohome systems we all have a vested interest in seeing the next general public release of the firmware being as solid and bug free as possible.
                        @DBMandrake The answer to 1 is Yes and yes. We were aware of some bugs and had already fixed some at time of release, these missed the cut for internal testing so could not be included in your release. Others we were still working on and will be included in the next version.
                        The decision was taken to release the current version in the knowledge that we have a second release coming up fast so we were a bit more inclined to let known bugs ride if they were thought to be low risk for (please don’t take this the wrong way) normal users.
                        We have taken note of several comment and there will be features you have requested in the next version. I’m not being cruel or teasing but unless they get through internal testing I won’t go into detail, please bear with us.
                        On point 2, we really hadn’t intended for the forum to be a pool of unpaid software test engineers, but do very much appreciate the effort you and others have put into this trial. Our normal practice is to put only finished products out for external field trial, with (hopefully) all the significant bugs ironed out. We are reviewing this and may be allowed to push to a limited number of sites at an earlier stage for the next release.
                        Regards,
                        AtM
                        Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• wilfman
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Nov 2019

WARNING.

After reviewing the comments in this thread and experiencing the trial I decided to opt out and Resideo offered to roll back my firmware.

Unfortunatly this has resulted in all of my config being lost and I now need to set it up again from scratch. Also there seems to be an odd bug where I cannot enter my WIFI password as the entry box only turns green (and allows to continue) when password is exactly 8 or 12 characters long. Mine was 10!

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Jul 2014

What specifically in the trial made you want to roll back? You won't have much of a choice if some of the feature decisions taken are kept in the final release.

Comment

• wilfman
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Nov 2019

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                              What specifically in the trial made you want to roll back? You won't have much of a choice if some of the feature decisions taken are kept in the final release.
                              To be fair it was more that I didn't see any benefits from any of the firmware and I rolling it out in April meant heating was pretty much off so I was not going to provide much feedback.

Comment

• guyank
                                Automated Home Sr Member
                                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by guyank View Post
                                Andy,

I’m actually seeing this behaviour all the time on this zone. Whenever it should start heating for optimisation, the setpoint changes to 5C until the actual setpoint change. Are you aware of this bug?

Guyan
                                I have turned off the cold weather boost and this has stopped the set point changing to 5C, but I'm still seeing the 35C set point occurring.

Screenshot 2020-04-21 at 21.13.31.jpg

As an aside, have you fixed the bug where if the heating is in Economy and the time that optimisation would start has passed when Economy is cancelled, optimisation doesn't work and the set point doesn't change until the scheduled time?

Comment

Working...
                                X