• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidHarris
    • Jul 2015

Smart plugs that can automatically turn on/off

Hi, everyone,

Recently I'm look for smart plugs that allow me to control my appliances via my smartphone. I find one as the following.

http://www.slideshare.net/H3Platform/application-scenarios-of-familyasyst-app

It seems this smart plug adopt Wi-Fi for connection, and I can use their APP to remotely control, make on/off schedule, receive messages; it also provides the daily power cost report. I could even share the device with my family.

But, I'm worrying what's the disadvantage of Wi-Fi? Security issue or the reliability of connection? Also, though this one is good, I still want to compare with other product before purchasing.

Could anyone with experiences using similar product give me some suggestions? Or anybody have some suggestions about similar product?
  • back_ache
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by DavidHarris View Post
    Hi, everyone,

Recently I'm look for smart plugs that allow me to control my appliances ... anybody have some suggestions about similar product?
    Belkin's "wemo" is the most obvious example of this kind of thing and the one I would be tempted to plump for.

I don't think there is anything wrong with wifi as a platform in this situation and I would alway choose a well known and supported product such as wemo over a company just starting out in the field.

Comment

Working...
    X