• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CT1
    Automated Home Guru
    • Apr 2016

Originally posted by killa47 View Post
    My two penneth's worth is that if it wasn't for the likes of DBMandrake and other contributors who freely offer their unstinting detailed advice and knowledge - Honeywell/Resideo would be in deep pig sh.t for customer service and product support, reliability and improvement.

I think Honeywell should put them on the payroll.
    If I had not found this forum, I would have returned the whole EvoHome system as not fit for purpose. I would not recommend it to the average homeowner unless they were into smart tech, had an exceptionally supportive installer and access to this forum.

Comment

• anniesboy
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Aug 2019

It was two years ago that I was looking to install a new heating system. I looked around as to what was available and opted for Evohome.
      Before I discovered this forum I gleaned most of my information from you tube (videos) They provided me with basic information but there is nothing very recent available.
      I wonder if Honeywell cant /wont provide decent information is there any one on this forum that can fill this void?

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by killa47 View Post
        My two penneth's worth is that if it wasn't for the likes of DBMandrake and other contributors who freely offer their unstinting detailed advice and knowledge - Honeywell/Resideo would be in deep pig sh.t for customer service and product support, reliability and improvement.

I think Honeywell should put them on the payroll.
        I agree with that 100%. Add Richard from the EvohomeShop to that list as well. He has been really helpful. This forum has been a mine of useful information and in the 6 years or so I have been a member, sometimes venting frustration, much has been learned by me. Indeed the comments have been a big reason to my now having committed to replacing my CH boiler with an Intergas one.

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by anniesboy View Post
          It was two years ago that I was looking to install a new heating system. I looked around as to what was available and opted for Evohome.
          Before I discovered this forum I gleaned most of my information from you tube (videos) They provided me with basic information but there is nothing very recent available.
          I wonder if Honeywell cant /wont provide decent information is there any one on this forum that can fill this void?
          There are many very knowledgeable people here who have been "void filling" for some time. We are indebted to them.

I can appreciate that any control system can be a little daunting to set up for those who are not techno or gadget freaks and help may be needed but if there is not a "freak" at home the installers ought to be able to do it. Thereafter the system needs to be simple to operate, the user interface of the app easy to look at and understand. I think Worcester Bosch's app for their smart system is more appealing to the none tech user. My wife would use it when I showed it to her, she never uses the Evohome app, but turns the dial on the TRV! I am a beta tester for another none Honeywell, non heating product, and their approach to users and customers is quite different. They appreciate the customer needs to be informed and for obvious reasons. I just don't know why there is this fear of being customer focussed with what is a great product in Evohome.

Comment

• DerekWilliamsUK
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Jan 2018

Evohome Training

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but this official Resideo 'evohome training' is worth a look. It is free to register and use.

evohome_Features.jpg

Comment

• Bilbomacuser
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Jan 2021

Any idea how long the firmware rollout will take to complete? We still have 17.03.

Comment

• killa47
                Automated Home Guru
                • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Bilbomacuser View Post
                Any idea how long the firmware rollout will take to complete? We still have 17.03.
                I sent a PM to ally53 a few days back asking him exactly that question but not heard anything back yet. [The post by ally53 14th December refers]
                I asked 27th January if any forumites had received the update without requesting it but not seen any suggesting they had.
                So still hoping ally53 will respond and advise if and when Over The Air (OTA) roll out will start.

Comment

• killa47
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Jan 2016

I have now received a PM response from ally53 in which he confirmed the following:
                  " firmware is in approval stages for general release. Once approved, this will be a staged process which will be applied to a small percentage of the Evo population at a time to gain confidence that no negative effects are observed for the weeks following the firmware upgrade which may have been missed [during] quality testing, or only become apparent in a larger scale roll-out. Unfortunately I don't have much more details on timescales as this work falls under the responsibility of our connected team to handle "

So I think the responsibility for firmware release firmly lies with the "connected team" - which I presume is a Honeywell/Resideo commercial-side operation.

It would be good if a few users, once they have received the 02.00.19.33 OTA firmware version update (those not having requested same), could let us know on the forum.
                  Last edited by killa47; 8 February 2021, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• CT1
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Apr 2016

Firmware should be rolled out to most users just in time for the summer then?

Comment

• CT1
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by DerekWilliamsUK View Post
                      Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but this official Resideo 'evohome training' is worth a look. It is free to register and use.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1751[/ATTACH]
                      That’s okay for the enthusiast but would be good to have better instructions rolled out to the general public at the same time as the firmware update. Pdf by email?

Comment

• G4RHL
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jan 2015

It would be helpful if the information we now get in settings in the Control Panel, telling us which room or zone is calling for heat and how much, also appeared in the app.

Comment

• Stevedh
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Mar 2017

Long press setting and look at the system summary, it gives you the percentage each room is calling etc.

Comment

• G4RHL
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Stevedh View Post
                            Long press setting and look at the system summary, it gives you the percentage each room is calling etc.
                            Sorry but that is not the point I raised.

Comment

• Stevedh
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Mar 2017

ooops... would help if I read to the end of the message... sorry.
                              ok I agree with you, I'd especially like to be able to grab that via the sdk so I could graph it along with the rest of the info you can get.

Comment

• G4RHL
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Stevedh View Post
                                ooops... would help if I read to the end of the message... sorry.
                                ok I agree with you, I'd especially like to be able to grab that via the sdk so I could graph it along with the rest of the info you can get.
                                We all do that from time to time! In my view the app ought to provide us with the same information the control panel does. Whilst the app can at times be slow to load in it is a much easier experience than using the control panel to move around, check things, change settings. The panel is ponderous. A touch panel but it needs lots of touch.

Comment

Working...
                                X