Page 85 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788 LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Lurker

1st April last year a fella named Rameses started this Project and I have been following it for months after having an Intergas Xclusive 24 installed along with the EvoHome Controller and 4 HR92's in Jan 2020 - later I added the Nodo OpenTherm Monitor Gizmo (still not sure what that is all about, for instance the 5 Led's on the PCB !?) but the Graph is interesting, more parameters would be nice.

Soooo all this effort collecting valuable data by the Beta Testers - is for what - so Honeywell can go away Build a MKII Evohome Gizmo and sell it on - hopefully giving one to all those Beta Testers

Anyways got that off me chest a preverbal wooden spoon Rant

Seriously I would like to see all the contributors get a measure of what they want ...joe
    Last edited by hugatree; 6th April 2021 at 07:28 AM.

Automated Home Jr Member

Any update to evohome would be very welcome, whether it’s a firmware update or new hardware. The cost of a new evohome controller would be fine with me - even better if they did some sort of trade in deal like they did before (which I missed out on, only just discovered that thread last week!).

By the way it really pisses me off that the app still displays as a tiny rectangle on its side on my iPad. I had deleted the app from my iPad, but saw the latest update supported more screen resolutions so downloaded it again. Nope, they still haven’t caught on to the fact the apple started msking iPads a decade ago.... the funny thing is that if they followed apples programming guidelines they would barely need to do anything for it to work on the iPad (or the new m1 macs for that matter).

Automated Home Lurker

It is finally time to use warm weather saver. Can someone remind us how this works and how to change the parameters? It works on one of my zones but not another despite both being selected for the saver option. Can you change the settings like for the cold boost?

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by robbietobbie View Post
    It is finally time to use warm weather saver. Can someone remind us how this works and how to change the parameters? It works on one of my zones but not another despite both being selected for the saver option. Can you change the settings like for the cold boost?
    Ally153 indicated:

The feature is activated when the outside temperature gets close to or exceeds the room setpoint when the room temperature is already within 0.5C of setpoint. As you've noticed, the 'close to' threshold changes from room to room based on how the stat has calculated the heat loss of the room, so more stable rooms should kick into the mode sooner.

I have lots of solar gain and heat retention in my house, so to optimise further I’ve written some Power Automate/IFTTT scripts to turn zones down to 5C for 24 hours if the weather forecast is for more than 2 hours sun (accuweather) or the Living room zone has reached 23C.

This avoids a little unnecessary underfloor heating early morning if it is cold outside but going to be sunny.

Automated Home Legend

A long time ago we were told of a firmware update and eventually most on this forum have probably now got it. But there were also indications that the app was to be updated and even the long awaited possibility of HomeKit integration. Anybody know if these will be realities or remain pipe dreams?

Automated Home Jr Member

I have just checked my controller..... still on the 2.0.17.03 firmware

Automated Home Jr Member

I had to phone them and get them to push the update. I’m now on 02.00.19.33.

Automated Home Jr Member

I have just pinged them an email.... see what happens!

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by SplanK View Post
    I have just checked my controller..... still on the 2.0.17.03 firmware
    I assume your device is connected to the internet via your WiFi? That's how the update gets downloaded. Apologies if you realise that already but sometime people don't!
    You don't need to be using the Honewell Home app.

Automated Home Jr Member

haha, I get it I work in IT support and have to deal with 'that side of things' all the time

Seems as though the support guys at Honeywell are quick to respond - just had the picture request of the wifi controller so hopefully it will be pushed through shortly!