Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 377782838485868788 LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Jr Member

Just checked to be sure.

If I remove the Honeywell Evohome wifi from the wallmount it gives no noise or message. It only shows a battery symbol (with a full battery).
    If I place it back the only thing happens is that the battery symbol disappears.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgare View Post
    Interesting. Having experienced this issue since the launch of the first b/w generation of Evohome, this post prompted me to take the controller off the stand for many months. I immediately got a screen-sized message telling me to replace it on the stand as the battery charge was low. This looked like a completely new message I had not seen before? I usually then break apart the batteries to trigger the recharging cycle as indicated by the lightning flash icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
    That message has always been there but doesn't display until the battery is critically low.

With good batteries with a full charge you should get about 3 hours with it off the stand with just the regular beep and otherwise still usable, then another 3 hours with the big red warning which blocks you from doing anything (but the heating system still runs) until it completely dies. So you should get about 6 hours in total where the heating system is still working.

However, this time I immediately got the lightning logo when I put it back on the stand and it seems to be charging without the usual manual intervention.

Is this just me and my poor memory or have things changed and improved?
    When there is a critical battery warning it triggers a full charge cycle without having to use the workaround.

Automated Home Guru

Thanks, Simon - the last sentence is new information for me!

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    That message has always been there but doesn't display until the battery is critically low.

With good batteries with a full charge you should get about 3 hours with it off the stand with just the regular beep and otherwise still usable, then another 3 hours with the big red warning which blocks you from doing anything (but the heating system still runs) until it completely dies. So you should get about 6 hours in total where the heating system is still working.When there is a critical battery warning it triggers a full charge cycle without having to use the workaround.
    I have never ever had the joy of 3 hours. Even with what are meant to be full6 charged batteries. 15 minutes is about the maximum. I suppose if I fully charged new batteries independently of the Panel and then put them in I will get the 3 hours, but if I simply remove the batteries with the owner off it’s mount, then put them back and it charges them, 15 minutes is about it. No doubt the Panel never fully charges the batteries. I had this problem with the original Control Panel and of course with the currrent one.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    I have never ever had the joy of 3 hours. Even with what are meant to be full6 charged batteries. 15 minutes is about the maximum. I suppose if I fully charged new batteries independently of the Panel and then put them in I will get the 3 hours, but if I simply remove the batteries with the owner off it’s mount, then put them back and it charges them, 15 minutes is about it. No doubt the Panel never fully charges the batteries. I had this problem with the original Control Panel and of course with the currrent one.
    If you're only getting 15 minutes the batteries are faulty or aren't being fully charged by the controller.

I did a test not long after I got my system on the original batteries and it achieved 3 hours before the red warning screen and nearly 3 hours of red warning screen before it finally died.

It boggles my mind that this charging bug still exists 6 years after the WiFi controller was released, either they don't care or the battery charging system is not firmware upgradable.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    If you're only getting 15 minutes the batteries are faulty or aren't being fully charged by the controller.

I did a test not long after I got my system on the original batteries and it achieved 3 hours before the red warning screen and nearly 3 hours of red warning screen before it finally died.

It boggles my mind that this charging bug still exists 6 years after the WiFi controller was released, either they don't care or the battery charging system is not firmware upgradable.
    I tried with fresh new fully charged batteries once and got a longer period. But these were batteries charged up externally. Relying on the Control Panel to fully charge batteries, even new ones, is a no no for me. It just don't happen. I shall run another test though to see if anything has changed.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    I tried with fresh new fully charged batteries once and got a longer period. But these were batteries charged up externally. Relying on the Control Panel to fully charge batteries, even new ones, is a no no for me. It just don't happen. I shall run another test though to see if anything has changed.
    I have tried it. A pair of fully charged batteries, charged from zero to full lasted one hour four minutes when I took the panel off the charger and before the first bleep. Within a couple of minutes it then closed on me and needed to be put back on the panel. This won’t last of course. Eventually the batteries drain as the panel does not charge them for the reasons DPMandrake has already outlined.

Automated Home Guru

When I did a reset on mine, they lasted 2.5 hours and that’s with the original (2017) batteries. See this post: https://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbul...ll=1#post45077

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SplanK View Post
    I have just pinged them an email.... see what happens!
    Can you confirm which email or form you used? I have a customers who's needs updating.

Automated Home Lurker

Something very strange here: Evohome with firmware 19.33. Cold weather boost enabled for 1 zone. I set this zone to absent for this day as I was not at home. When I came home, I noticed the system used a lot of gas. I checked the zones and the zone with the cold weather boost was asking for warmth 100% of the time, but the HR92 was not opened. So the boiler was using gas in vain... I then disabled the cold weather boost for this zone and all was solved. No 100% requests anymore.
    What might be wrong here?

Hmm, there is more going on. Although the set temp is 17 degrees and the actual temp is 17 degrees, there is a 100% request for warmth, but the HR92 does not open... My boiler is burning gas like crazy. I already reset the HR92 and re-added it to the zone without effect. As I have some more strange issues with the HR92 in this zone, I just ordered a new one to see if that will help.
    Last edited by microkid; 7th December 2021 at 08:42 PM.