• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
    Have you tried bridging terminals 3 and 4 (which I think should force the boiler to 'on')? Is the opentherm stuff then able to switch it off when not needed?

P.
    I didn't leave the boiler in this bridged configuration for long. Maybe I should have done. What I did see was the boiler was on even when there was no call for heat and stayed on. It fired until the max temperature was reached and then just cycled. You could see the icons on the boiler saying there was a call for heat.

Also to be perfectly honest, I prefer my Hybrid system. Because that way I am sure that the boiler is being fired by a zone valve only after it opens. I didn't like the fact that zone valves and boiler firing were going to be controlled independently in an ideal set-up (am old school and not at least when RF communications is involved). I did notice that the Opentherm bridge was quicker to react to a change that the BDR91s getting their command to open.
    I now have a system that could always act as a non Evohome system, should it need to. I just need to put the time clock back and turned off.
    Last edited by bruce_miranda; 12 April 2016, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• jdp80
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Mar 2016

Does Evohome still do TPI when the boiler is being controlled in this way?

Comment

• rotor
        Automated Home Guru
        • Aug 2015

What do the light-blue quarter-circles on the Evohome controller mean? I've never seen that before...

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by rotor View Post
          What do the light-blue quarter-circles on the Evohome controller mean? I've never seen that before...
          Where on the controller?

Comment

• top brake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by rotor View Post
            this is in the screen saver, means that the set points are low temp range
            I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• rotor
              Automated Home Guru
              • Aug 2015

From the screenshot that pixelbob posted.

Comment

• rotor
                Automated Home Guru
                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by top brake View Post
                this is in the screen saver, means that the set points are low temp range
                Ah! Thanks.

Comment

• pixxelbob
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Apr 2016

yeh i took that picture late on. everything was turning off. blue is a setpoint <= 15°

Comment

• pixxelbob
                    Automated Home Lurker
                    • Apr 2016

Has anyone had any experience with UK Vaillant boilers installed with a VR33 with regards to warrenty claims on the rest of the boiler?
                    I ask as its been mentioned elsewhere that installing a VR33 in the UK would void the warrenty.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                      Site Sponsor
                      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by pixxelbob View Post
                      Has anyone had any experience with UK Vaillant boilers installed with a VR33 with regards to warrenty claims on the rest of the boiler?
                      I ask as its been mentioned elsewhere that installing a VR33 in the UK would void the warrenty.
                      There is every possibility this may happen if Vaillant UK have not OK'd its use and want to get out of warranty...

Comment

• top brake
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
                        There is every possibility this may happen if Vaillant UK have not OK'd its use and want to get out of warranty...
                        I have been told this by someone that works at Vaillant, I would enjoy having a day at the small claims court hearing their reasons for declining a warranty claim

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                          Site Sponsor
                          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by top brake View Post
                          I have been told this by someone that works at Vaillant, I would enjoy having a day at the small claims court hearing their reasons for declining a warranty claim
                          I think you and I both know they would fold rather than go to the hassle of this.

Comment

• pixxelbob
                            Automated Home Lurker
                            • Apr 2016

hmm. Although not sure if id want to take the risk. Maybe I'll stick to using the BDR91

Comment

• paulockenden
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Apr 2015

Depends how the vote goes in June, I guess. But as long as we remain in the EU then fitting a part imported from the Netherlands really shouldn't affect a warranty claim, and like Top Brake says it would be an interesting day in court if they decided to refuse a claim.

Comment

• top brake
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Feb 2015

Depends how the vote goes in June, I guess. But as long as we remain in the EU then fitting a part imported from the Netherlands really shouldn't affect a warranty claim, and like Top Brake says it would be an interesting day in court if they decided to refuse a claim.
                                I have been modifying my cars all my life and they are a lot more complex and expensive than a gas boiler. I guess it all depends on your attitude to risk. To be honest there is not a lot to go wrong on a modern boiler and by running it modulating rather than on off it will be more reliable too.

Comment

Working...
                                X