• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • De1b0y
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Aug 2015

Lost System Communication?

I was notified of this at 8.47am this morning. The Controller is behaving normally, but the App is telling me communications are down. I have rebooted my tablet, but the error message remains.
    Can anyone suggest how I can force the Controller to link back to the App?
    Thanks
    De1b0y
  • PaulB
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Sep 2015

I'm getting a ton of these today too, never been an issue before and nothing has changed (position of kit, etc)

Full breakdown of mine:

L - 24 January 2016 at 01:27
    R - 24 January 2016 at 01:31
    L - 24 January 2016 at 01:55
    R - 24 January 2016 at 01:58
    L - 25 January 2016 at 00:09
    R - 25 January 2016 at 00:12
    L - 25 January 2016 at 03:01
    R - 25 January 2016 at 03:05
    L - 25 January 2016 at 04:55
    R - 25 January 2016 at 05:03
    L - 25 January 2016 at 07:57
    R - 25 January 2016 at 07:57
    L - 25 January 2016 at 11:15
    R - 25 January 2016 at 11:24

I don't think this is an issue with the app to be honest, feels more like an issue talking back to honeywell. Checked my connection for drops and nothing is showing up, wireless link is also strong with no disconnect events.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

I've also had 5 email notifications since Friday telling me "Alert: Lost System Communication" which last for approximately 10 minutes then it comes back on again.

Comment

• HenGus
        Automated Home Legend
        • May 2014

Same here. Two on Saturday, both about 8 minutes long. Nothing yesterday. Two notifications this morning between 7.30 and 8.30am: one lasted 7 minutes and the other just a minute between messages. Relieved to know that it isn't just my system.
        Last edited by HenGus; 25 January 2016, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Cchris
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Nov 2015

Could this possibly be linked to the rollout of the new firmware? Perhaps the system goes offline a few times during the update process?

Comment

• DBMandrake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Sep 2014

Maybe for some people, but my firmware was updated weeks ago and I'm still seeing lost communication reported.

Comment

• HenGus
              Automated Home Legend
              • May 2014

Still 'old school' here - that is, controller plus Gateway. Apart from a controller lock up when I changed a setting on my IPhone last month, the controller has been fault free for over 12 months.

Comment

• peterf
                Automated Home Guru
                • Jan 2015

I haven't received any connection warnings - but then again the warning period is set to 2 hours. However yesterday pm and this morning, I'm seeing a discrepancy between the controller actual and set temperature on one zone (it was a different zone yesterday) vis a vis the app. Re-booting the gateway doesn't make a difference but changing the temperature on the controller brings them back to synchronisation. I've not seen this before and wonder if it's down to a recent change.

Comment

• SteveP
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Dec 2012

perhaps worth identifying if it is the new wifi unit only this is occurring on or also on the "old" MkII version (Colour controller plus separate gateway). I have the later and have no warnings - all is well and as HenGus observes, mine has been kerfuffle free for some time now. If all members can report on their unit type and whether there are any warnings it may help identify if it is unit based (oh and also if on the new wifi unit what software version they have)

Comment

• peterf
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Jan 2015

No, mine's the model with the separate gateway and it's the only time I've seen this and I'm into the third (calendar) year with the system.

Comment

• jzwack-honeywell
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Jan 2016

Was anyone experiencing this before Friday the 22nd?
                      developer.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. API Evangelist. Views are my own.

Comment

• Krejt
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Jan 2016

At this very moment the Total Connect server is down for maintenance. At 08:00 hour this morning the server went down. it is expected tot return before 12.00 hours. See this dutch e-mail message I recieved yesterday:

Onderhoud - Server Total Connect Comfort - op 27/01/16
                        De Total Connect Comfort server ondergaat onderhoud op:
                        Start: 27/01/16 7:30
                        Einde: 27/01/16 12:00
                        Tijdens het onderhoud aan de Honeywell server is het niet mogelijk om verbinding te maken met de Total Comfort Connect web login en app, of het maken van API calls (bijvoorbeeld via IFTTT of Pebble).
                        Dit onderhoud is bedoeld om een upgrade van het platform uit te voeren en daarmee de continuïteit van de veiligheid van uw gegevens op onze server te garanderen.

It says as much as during maintenance you can not contact the Total Comfort Connect web login amd can not use the app. The API interface is down too.
                        The maintenance is performed to upgrade the platform to ensure the stability/continuity of the security of the data on their servers. (or something to that extend)

This of course can not explain why you experienced outage before today. But might it be they are trying to fix some problem with their servers?

Another thing; if you use their API in some script make sure your script uses the new servers. Do no longer use the rs.alarmnet.com server.
                        Instead of https://rs.alarmnet.com/TotalConnectComfort/WebAPI/..... use https://tccna.honeywell.com/WebAPI/...
                        Read more here: http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497...ll=1#post25309
                        Evohomeclient temperatures on ThingSpeak: https://thingspeak.com/channels/79213

Comment

• jzwack-honeywell
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Jan 2016

We fixed some things internally yesterday, can anyone that was experiencing the "offline or system lost" emails tell me if they're still getting them as much or at all?
                          developer.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. API Evangelist. Views are my own.

Comment

• HenGus
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • May 2014

Originally posted by jzwack-honeywell View Post
                            Was anyone experiencing this before Friday the 22nd?
                            Hi. My records show a couple of messages on 20th May 15 and another on the 13th December 15. With further messages on the 22nd, 23rd and 25th January. The December message was the result of a frozen Evohome Controller following an App instruction to turn the heating to Normal after a few days away.

No further issues since the 25th with my system. I have the original Evohome Controller (Jan 15 replacement) plus gateway.

Comment

• jzwack-honeywell
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Jan 2016

OK, thanks for that.

If anyone else is having continued "lost communication" problems with the EvoHome with a Gateway, I'd love to get more information from you privately for testing internally.

Comment

Working...
                              X