X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anniesboy
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2019

Also see this from a earlier post Here is the explanation off the new firmware.

Image 2020 11 16 082716 hosted in Gifyu

Fastest image hosting platform. Simple minimalistic interface with no ads. Lossless image upload with no compression. No signup required.

Fastest image hosting platform. Simple minimalistic interface with no ads. Lossless image upload with no compression. No signup required.

Comment

• DorrisMancer
      Automated Home Guru
      • Nov 2017

Thanks, especially for those links. If it's as good as they say it might be able to make coffee as well ;-)

More seriously, they look like worthwhile improvements but what's the real-world experience?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

Its actually worse. When the new firmware lands, the controllers gains the new functionality, but it seems to also retain some of the legacy functionality. It's only after a full reboot does the Controller only start using all the new functionality. We've seen this with some of the OT data exchange that now has stopped, but only stops after a reboot.

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by anniesboy View Post
          Also see this from a earlier post Here is the explanation off the new firmware.

Image 2020 11 16 082716 hosted in Gifyu

https://gifyu.com/image/jH4o
          Thanks. Not sure about the relevance of the last image! I don’t need a set of steps to get into my boot. Well not yet!

Some points:
          1. Common sense says that when a system’s software has been updated the user is told and the supplier explains what has happened, gives instructions and advice. That has not happened at all. Just silence. Thus, unless you are a reader of this forum you would not know. A very basic need forgotten about.

2. There is reference in one image to a fact that reducing by 1C reduces cost by 10%. I understand that that applies if the temperature is set to 21c. It does not apply across the board such that a 1C reduction from 21C to 20C may give a 10% reduction but a 2C reduction to 19C does not give a 20% reduction.

3. Do I assume that having the software updated the new outside temperature adjustment happens automatically without installing an external temperature gauge the software relying on readings from the internet or does something extra need to be installed? Again, information lacking particularly now that the update is being rolled out.

Comment

• Richie5458
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Jan 2021

End of beta trial

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
            I am sure nobody will tell you and nothing appears on the screen to let you know but clicking settings it opens the door to what’s new. The more interesting bit is that which tells you which zone has called for heat and in percentage terms how much.
            Hi
            I updated to the Beta version about six week ago, having seen a post here.
            I signed up and heard nothing but the next day I noticed a new format!
            beta opt.jpg

you will notice SMART features box.

I agree System Status is very useful.
            Having trouble with DHW Priority which looses the binding to the HW valve after six hours then the Zone valve.
            Very pleased/releived with the Update though, notwithstanding how distanced HOneywell are from this product.
            Attached Files

Comment

• killa47
              Automated Home Guru
              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by ally153 View Post
              The firmware is now out of beta and has been released to production. We are going through the process of getting approval for OTA updates. This is a gradual roll-out process as we need to update devices in small batches to ensure there are no issues with the OTA process that haven't been picked up during internal & beta testing. The firmware carries the same version number as used in testing (02.00.19.33) and is identical to the latest version beta testers received. Hope this answers your question!
              Since ally53 advised back in mid-December that the new release would be rolled out gradually . . . . . has anyone actually received the updated firmware WITHOUT having requested it via the trial subscription?

Comment

• CT1
                Automated Home Guru
                • Apr 2016

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                Its actually worse. When the new firmware lands, the controllers gains the new functionality, but it seems to also retain some of the legacy functionality. It's only after a full reboot does the Controller only start using all the new functionality. We've seen this with some of the OT data exchange that now has stopped, but only stops after a reboot.
                Surely the update, when rolled out, should come with some form of notification and a pdf or link giving an updated user guide detailing the new features?

Comment

• filbert
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Oct 2017

Originally posted by killa47 View Post
                  Since ally53 advised back in mid-December that the new release would be rolled out gradually . . . . . has anyone actually received the updated firmware WITHOUT having requested it via the trial subscription?
                  Not me, was wondering that myself.

Comment

• DorrisMancer
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Nov 2017

Originally posted by CT1 View Post
                    Surely the update, when rolled out, should come with some form of notification and a pdf or link giving an updated user guide detailing the new features?
                    I agree.
                    I've just checked on the website - the User Guide is dated 2020 and mentions "smart weather" options but doesn't say how to set them; the installation guide is also dated 2020 but is still sparse on anything to do with config.

Comment

• CT1
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by killa47 View Post
                      No update here. I don’t need most of the new features but would use the new eco/offset option. I don’t want to ask for the update because, being a believer in KISS, I would not want to get on a list of beta testers.

Comment

• Koot
                        Automated Home Lurker
                        • Jan 2021

After a few days after I asked for the beta version of last year my firmware has been updated to new version with the smart functions and heating and cooling. I m sure I never had this firmware before and also not informed trough mail or something. Just stumbled upon this website when I searched for evohome cooling. Also had contact with Dutch department and UK department of honeywell they replied that there was no such firmware with cooling etc. Haha. Is the version I received still the beta or is it the new version? App soft vers: 02.00.19.33 wifi soft: 02.00.17.00.

btw I am an end-user and I live in the Netherlands.

Comment

• G4RHL
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Koot View Post
                          After a few days after I asked for the beta version of last year my firmware has been updated to new version with the smart functions and heating and cooling. I m sure I never had this firmware before and also not informed trough mail or something. Just stumbled upon this website when I searched for evohome cooling. Also had contact with Dutch department and UK department of honeywell they replied that there was no such firmware with cooling etc. Haha. Is the version I received still the beta or is it the new version? App soft vers: 02.00.19.33 wifi soft: 02.00.17.00.

btw I am an end-user and I live in the Netherlands.
                          You will not have had any information emailed to you. They just update and unless a user starts digging around in his Control Panel you would have no idea of the update. It is a very strange way of handling customers but that I think is the norm for Honeywell and it’s related companies.

Comment

• CT1
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Apr 2016

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                            You will not have had any information emailed to you. They just update and unless a user starts digging around in his Control Panel you would have no idea of the update. It is a very strange way of handling customers but that I think is the norm for Honeywell and it’s related companies.
                            I get the impression that they think in terms of supplying to the trade rather than end users and expect the installer to be knowledgeable and provide the main customer support function. They probably see the end users on here as a bunch of enthusiasts who make good beta testers.

Comment

• G4RHL
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by CT1 View Post
                              I get the impression that they think in terms of supplying to the trade rather than end users and expect the installer to be knowledgeable and provide the main customer support function. They probably see the end users on here as a bunch of enthusiasts who make good beta testers.
                              Yes your comment is quite right but the problem I have found is a number of their recommended installers don't have the knowledge about the product. The front company marketing then product, albeit an independent company, don't make any contact with customers to keep them informed yet the whole system has our email addresses. Having said that I came across the site below. One would think an existing customer would be advised.

Resideo Technologies is introducing the next generation of Honeywell Home evohome smart zoning system, with four new smart features. The new wireless zoning

Comment

• killa47
                                Automated Home Guru
                                • Jan 2016

My two penneth's worth is that if it wasn't for the likes of DBMandrake and other contributors who freely offer their unstinting detailed advice and knowledge - Honeywell/Resideo would be in deep pig sh.t for customer service and product support, reliability and improvement.

I think Honeywell should put them on the payroll.

Comment

Working...
                                X