• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yiangosliv
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2015

New Evohome -Hot water boost button

Hi, i have noticed that the newfirmware was installed on my evotouch controller and a new ‘boost’ button was added to the hot water screen. Any idea what the functionality of the button is?
  • Edinburgh2000
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by yiangosliv View Post
    Hi, i have noticed that the newfirmware was installed on my evotouch controller and a new ‘boost’ button was added to the hot water screen. Any idea what the functionality of the button is?
    It offers you a one hour immediate heating period for your hot water. It mimics the old '1hr' button that we used to have on the old heating controllers. One hour should be enough to reheat your hot water cylinder from cold.

I find it very useful and have used it several times. It saves having to programme the hot water with several screen presses and is a helpful simplification.

Comment

• Edinburgh2000
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2016

...Now we just need the same simplification for the heating i.e. a "1 hr" advance that would advance the controller's schedule by one hour (or more if we select a longer period) and then let real time catch up with it. (Acknowledgement DBMandrake, whose proposal this was some months ago.)
      Last edited by Edinburgh2000; 19 January 2018, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Ian_W
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Dec 2017

Indeed, that would be really handy.

Comment

• yiangosliv
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Dec 2015

Is the HW switched on for an hour irrespective whether the target temp (as set in the advanced settings) was reached?

Comment

• mtmcgavock
            Automated Home Legend
            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by yiangosliv View Post
            Is the HW switched on for an hour irrespective whether the target temp (as set in the advanced settings) was reached?
            No, it's just switched on for an hour. If it's reached it's set point it won't come on until that drops within the 1 hour period.

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

Even better if the facility was in the app. If you log into your account on the web site you can activate it for a period, but a one button press makes life easier. I only need to boost when we have visitors as normally my hour in the morning and half hour in the evening is sufficient. Progress though.

Comment

Working...
              X